Macro level work generally consists of work I do that has great impact across the university as decisions I make or help make will generally affect more than one person. They also tend to be fairly technical, seldom involving direct contact with a user (barring usability testing).
This currently includes the following
- Being part of the web portal redesign committee (including mobile and OPAC)
- Co-ordinating policy for LibGuides (Subject Guide) and LibAnswers (FAQ) platforms
- Piloting chat reference, facebook fan pages etc
- Running Twitter account
- Basically anything else involving me trying to see the "big picture" and trying to see if there is a better way of doing things...
- Helping users at the desk
- Conducting advisory sessions for honours year, graduate students, helping research staff with aspects of their research,
- Conducting classes to teach students and staff from basic orientation lessons to EndNote to Cited Reference